Changing your Direct Debit Frequently Asked Questions
- I paid my policy premiums from a KBC/Ulster Bank account. I have recently moved banks and I want to update my policy with my new details. What do I do next?
If you’ve received your letter from us you’ll know that you can update your payment details online in a few quick and easy steps.
To update your details, you’ll simply need:
- The link details and unique PIN number we included in our recent letter to you. Don’t worry if you haven’t received your letter yet as we’ll be writing to all our customers (who make or receive payments from an Ulster Bank/KBC account) in the coming weeks.
- Your policy number
- Your new IBAN number (you can find this on your bank statements or online banking app)
If you have any difficulty, you can contact us and we’ll be happy to help. Our contact details can be found here. Calls may be recorded for training and verification purposes.
Please note that if you’ve more than one policy, we sent you a separate letter with a separate unique PIN number for each policy.
For more ways to update your details, please click here.
Before updating your new bank details, please ensure:
- Your new bank account is active
- Your account is a SEPA bank account*
- Your New Ireland policy is active
- You currently pay premiums to your New Ireland policy
- The bank account is in the policy owner(s) name
*The following 36 jurisdictions are participating in SEPA: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.
- I have more than one policy. When I update my bank details online, does this update automatically for all my policies?
No. If you have more than one policy, we sent you a separate letter with a separate unique PIN number for each policy. Please update each policy separately. Rest assured it’s very quick and easy!
- Do you accept Revolut or N26 bank accounts?
Yes, we can accept Revolut & N26 SEPA bank accounts.
- What happens if my next payment to New Ireland is due shortly?
We’d recommend that you wait until you’ve provided us with your new bank details before closing your KBC or Ulster Bank account.
- Will New Ireland make sure my data is secure?
The security of your personal information comes first. For further details on how New Ireland processes your personal data please see our Summary Data Privacy Notice.
- Who can I contact if I’ve questions?
If you have any questions you can contact us on and we’ll be happy to help. Our contact details can be found here. Calls may be recorded for training and verification purposes.
As always, if you need any financial advice please contact your Financial Broker or Advisor.
- How do I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint there are a number of ways you can contact us. Please click here