As an employer/trustee, you now have a choice of a Defined Contribution Group Retirement Plan or a Group PRSA arrangement. Each scheme has its own distinct benefits; therefore it is important that you obtain professional advice to help you select the most appropriate company pension scheme for you and your employees’ needs.
To find out more about the Company Options available to you read our brochure on Providing Benefits for Employees in a challenging business landscape.
Company Pension Choice from New Ireland
Our range of Company Pension Plans includes both a Defined Contribution Group Retirement Plan and a Group PRSA, both of which offer:
- Competitive and transparent charges.
- Tailored member service.
- Online access to view plan for both Employers and Employees.
- Wide range of investment funds.
1. Investment Choice - Defined Contribution Group Retirement Plan
In conjunction with our fund managers we offer a broad range of funds, with options to suit every risk appetite.
Our Investment Choice solution offers:
- Flexibility – Employers can opt to offer choice on the main scheme or AVC scheme only.
- Choice –Members can pick from a suite of pension investment funds.
- IRIS - Ireland’s longest running pension life styling strategy, tailors the investment strategy for each member, depending on their term to retirement.
To find out more about our Group Defined Contribution Plan, read our
For more information on the funds available, read our Investment Choice brochure.
2. Investment Choice - Group PRSA
With a Group PRSA, the employer is completely removed from the investment decision making process.
We offer your employees a wide range of funds to choose from, provided by two of the leading fund managers in Ireland. We recognise that everyone is different, which is why our PRSA investment funds include options to suit individuals at different stages in their lives, with different needs and retirement goals.
While it is important to offer employees a choice of funds, some employees may not wish to make an investment decision. To cater for this it is necessary for a Standard PRSA to have a default investment strategy. The default investment strategy for New Ireland’s Standard PRSA is the lifestyle pension fund called the IRIS Retirement Fund.
IRIS is Ireland’s longest running pension lifestyling strategy, designed to meet the needs of those employees who want the security of a retirement fund that will provide a tax-free lump sum and a regular, secure income in retirement.
If you are interested in a Group PRSA arrangement, read our Employers Guide to Group PRSAs.