Protect what matters most
You're used to a certain lifestyle. Your monthly spending is a mixture of must-dos (such as your rent or mortgage) and want-tos (going out etc). Your income is probably your most important asset. It funds everything from what's in your fridge to where you go on holidays.
How would you and your partner cope if your income suddenly stopped because of unexpected ill health?
A serious illness or unexpected death can have a huge financial impact on those affected. At such a traumatic time the last thing you need is to have to worry about money. For a very small proportion of your income a protection plan can remove this financial impact by paying out the money needed if you or your partner suffer a serious illness or die prematurely.
New Ireland's market leading protection plan, Life Choice, is second to none in terms of value for money and flexibility. Your needs will change as you move through life. You may change jobs, move house or have children. Unlike most protection plans Life Choice lets you change your cover to match your changing needs.
Life Choice can be used to
- Replace income lost because of illness or death so you or your partner doesn't suffer financially
- Pay you a lump sum amount that you can use to clear debts or reduce/clear your mortgage
- Pay a definite lump sum amount on death even following the end of your cover term to meet funeral expenses
You can even add one or more optional benefits protect yourself financially in the short-term
- A stay in hospital (for more than 3 nights)
- An accident which leaves you unable to work (for more than 2 weeks)
- Suffering one of a number of broken bones
- Undergoing one of a number of surgeries
You can't predict the future but you can plan for it
While we all hope and often believe it won't happen to us, the reality is that people throughout Ireland are affected by these events every day. In 2012 alone, New Ireland paid out over €94 million to customers impacted by ill health, serious illness and unexpected death. Click here to view a summary of claims paid out in 2012.
A couple aged 35 can get comprehensive financial protection against illness and premature death from just €1.74 a day*.
For a further look at the benefits of having a protection plan in place read our couples case study or watch our customer stories. For a more detailed look at the cover available read our Life Choice brochure . Alternatively you can contact a Financial Advisor.
* Based on dual life cover (pays out on both lives individually) for non-smokers, both aged 35 next birthday, for Income on Death cover of €1,000 a month, Lump Sum on Death cover of €50,000 and Accelerated Specified Illness cover (pays out on earlier of illness or death)of €50,000 for a term of 20 years.
Terms and conditions apply. Benefits are subject to underwriting and acceptance by New Ireland Assurance Company plc. It is important to note that certain restrictions, conditions and exclusions apply.