Protect What Matters Most
Whether you've just had your first child or already have a young family, you’ll know that becoming a mum or dad changes your life. Your days are busier and your income has to stretch further. Like many busy parents you may take your own health for granted while looking after your little ones, but more than most you need to be prepared for the unexpected.
You probably have mortgage protection to clear your mortgage and secure your home, but have you thought about how your family would cope with all the other outgoings each month if you got seriously ill or died prematurely?
A family protection plan can be used to protect you and your family from the financial uncertainty and hardship that comes with unexpected illness or death. For a very small proportion of your income, you can put a financial protection plan in place to ensure you and your family would have the money needed if these unfortunate events should happen to you.
Life Choice Gives You Real Peace of Mind
Life Choice is New Ireland’s family protection plan. It’s second to none in terms of flexibility and value for money. Unlike most protection plans you can increase and decrease your cover amount and term and add or remove benefits as you move through life to meet your changing needs. Your plan can be used to:
- Clear any loans or debts ensuring your family's immediate finances are healthy
- Pay a monthly income in the event of illness or death to meet outgoings and maintain your current lifestyle
- Pay a monthly income to your family if a stay at home parent dies to meet the additional expenses your family would face (such as childcare)
- Pay a lump sum amount in the event that you suffer a serious illness, providing you with financial breathing space and allowing your family to maintain their current lifestyle
- Pay a lump sum amount on death to cover funeral expenses and other related costs
You can even add one or more optional benefits to protect yourself financially in the short-term
- A stay in hospital (for more than 3 nights)
- An accident which leaves you unable to work (for more than 2 weeks)
- Suffering one of a number of broken bones
- Undergoing one of a number of surgeries
You can't predict the future but you can plan for it
While we all hope and often believe it won't happen to us, the reality is that families throughout Ireland are affected by these events every day. In 2012 alone New Ireland paid out over €94 million to customers impacted by ill health, serious illness and unexpected death. Click here to view a summary of claims paid out in 2012.
A couple aged 35 can financially safeguard their family with Life Choice from just €2.18 a day*.
For a further look at the benefits of having a protection plan in place read our parents case study or watch our customer stories. For a more detailed look at the cover available read our Life Choice brochure. Alternatively you can contact a Financial Advisor.
*Based on dual life cover (pays out on both lives individually) for non-smokers, both aged 35 next birthday, for Income on Death cover of €2,000 a month, Lump Sum on Death cover of €50,000 and Accelerated Specified Illness cover (pays out on earlier of illness or death)of €50,000 for a term of 20 years.
Terms and conditions apply. Benefits are subject to underwriting and acceptance by New Ireland Assurance Company plc. It is important to note that certain restrictions, conditions and exclusions apply.